Growing up, I remember eating binalot pouches in several potluck parties. These were usually filled with adobo, caldereta, menudo and other popular Pinoy dishes. I have fond memories of people gathered around a buffet table where these rustic banana leaf pouches were served and enjoyed by many.
We decided to make these easy and quick binalot pouches using Pria’s Kitchen’s Gourmet Bulad Relish. Try this at home if you have the time. Perfect for grilling at the beach, too! Hope you enjoy this 😀 To watch the Cooking Video Recipe, click HERE.
Bulad Binalot Pouches
1 bottle Pria’s Kitchen Gourmet Bulad
6 pcs banana leaves, rinsed and dried
6 cups steamed rice
6 tbsp atchara (heaping tablespoons)
3 pcs hard boiled eggs, cut into rounds
- Place a cup of rice in each banana leaf and slightly spread out to make room for filling.
- Place 1 heaping tablespoon of bulad relish on top of the rice.
- Add atchara onto one side of the rice.
- Add sliced hard boiled egg and wrap pouches.
- Steam for about 10 minutes and serve. ENJOY!
Food nourishes the body as God’s Word nourishes the soul.